Board Recruitment - JOIN OUR BOARD
Interested in serving on our Board of Directors?
The Friends Foundation has grown to be the fourth largest philanthropic organization of its kind in Atlantic Canada, and we’re growing still. We are looking for new Directors with the skills and experience to help guide and govern the Foundation, and the time and passion to be enthusiastic ambassadors in the community.
It’s a serious commitment, but seeing first-hand the enormous difference we can make in the lives of so many may be one of most rewarding things you’ll ever do.
What to expect
Contributing to our mission and purpose means accepting an active role in inspiring giving to help enhance patient care and transform lives, at The Moncton Hospital and in the community. The Friends Board functions in a governing rather than operating role.
This means you will need to
- make collective decisions about the Foundation’s budget, strategic plan, and future projects, and evaluate results
- help with fundraising and community outreach
- attend at least 70% of these meetings each year from September to June (in-person with remote option):
- 4 to 5 quarterly meetings of the Board, and another 4 to 5 for at least one standing committee
- an annual general meeting
- an annual 1-day Board development retreat
- attend various public relations events
- make a minimum $500 annual donation to become a voting director.
For how long
- You would be appointed for an initial 3-year term with the possibility of reappointment up to a maximum of
6 consecutive years.
- Appointments may be made at any time to fill vacancies between annual general meetings (AGMs), but all terms begin with the next AGM in June.
Ready to join us?
The ideal candidate will
- have previous Board experience
- bring critical thinking and diversity to the table
- have developed networks in various industries and/or community organizations
- increase our linguistic representation (French/English/Other)
Looking for expertise in one or more of the following:
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Communications
- Business Management
- Health Care Administration and Policy
For more information or to apply
- Email your résumé and cover letter to Friends@FriendsFoundation.ca
- Call 506-857-5488
We appreciate all interest, and will contact only those who meet our current criteria for now. You may be considered for a future vacancy.